Erb Equipment Company opened its doors when Alvin G. Erb, founder, in 1943 began selling
used farm equipment with a variety of equipment lines. Those were war years, and new machinery
wasn't available. As the war was ending they became an exclusive Deere dealer in 1944 with
agricultural and industrial equipment. The Company helped pioneer the industrial equipment line
of Deere and developed its service, rental and parts departments into one of the best and largest
centers in Missouri, Illinois and Kentucky.
Erb Equipment Company is proud to be one of the oldest and most experienced suppliers of John Deere Construction machinery. In 60 years Erb has grown to eight locations. Erb serves over 100 counties in eastern Missouri, southern Illinois, western Kentucky, and southern Indiana, with 200 employees. Erb's growth is primarily due to the following three commitments; Commitment to Service, Commitment to Excellence and Commitment to the Future, in providing Customer Service. Being ever mindful that no success is permanent, the Erbs continue their unending efforts towards professional customer satisfaction through their new "Commitment to Our Customer Partners" program.